What you need to apply for an Alberta driver’s License
To apply for an Alberta driver’s license, you will need to provide certain documents and meet specific requirements, including:
- Personal identification
- Proof of residency – This can be a utility bill, lease agreement, or bank statement that displays your name and current address in Alberta.
- Proof of legal presence – If you’re not a Canadian citizen, you’ll need to provide proof of your legal presence in Canada, such as a valid work or study permit.
- Driver’s Medical Examination (if applicable)
- Parental consent (if under 18)
- Previous driver’s license (if applicable
You’ll also need to pass the required tests:
- Knowledge Test
- Vision Test
- Road Test: For a Class 5 (basic) driver’s license, you’ll need to pass a road test that evaluates your practical driving skills.
Need more information? Contact us at: 780-448-2233