When do you require a NUANS report?
There are many reasons you may need a NUANS report, including:
- Before incorporating newly-named Alberta corporations, societies and religious societies
- Amending names for named Alberta or extra-provincial corporations registered in Alberta
- Reviving an Alberta corporation that has been struck or dissolved for more than three years
- Registering or reviving a named extra-provincial corporation
- Amalgamating 2 or more corporations where a new name is selected
A NUANS search is not necessary if you choose to incorporate as a numbered Alberta corporation. A NUANS report is valid for 90 days – if you wish to incorporate the name, it is important that you have the incorporation completed within the 90 days as you’ll need to purchase a new report if you still wish to use the name.
Need more information? Contact us at : 780-448-2233